Stamford is the?third largest city in Connecticut. Located in the southwestern corner of Fairfield County along the shores of Long Island Sound, it boasts many beautiful parks and beaches. A geographic oddity of Stamford is that a traveler can go due north, due east, due south, or due west from downtown Stamford and wind up in New York State.
Stamford is regularly named one of the safest cities in the United States with populations of 100,000 or more. It has one of the highest percentages in the country of adults who hold a bachelor’s degree or higher. Stamford is home to branches of three major institutions of higher learning, University of Connecticut, University of Bridgeport and Sacred Heart University.
Stamford is proud of its cultural offerings, which include a symphony, orchestra, Center for the Arts, artists’ associations, commercial and independent movie houses, and a community theater.
An economically sound community, Stamford continues to pursue appropriate economic development initiatives to both attract and retain companies and corporations. Our motto is “The City That Works!”
Please?click here?for a?short video and additional information about the Stamford Community
- City of Stamford
- City of Stamford - Recreation and Leisure Services
- City of Stamford - Visitors
- Harbor Point Stamford
- Stamford Chamber of Commerce
- Stamford Downtown
- Trip Advisor - Things to Do in Stamford
Explore Fairfield County
- Experience Fairfield, CT
- Visit Fairfield County, CT
- Fairfield County Kids Out and About
- Town of Greenwich, CT?- Vistors
- Norwalk, CT?- Visitors
- Westport, CT - Visitors
- Connecticut?Culture and Tourism?- Resources
- Connecticut Tourism
- Connecticut Recreation
- CTVisit - Visit Connecticut
- Trip Advisor - Things to Do in Connecticut